Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Procrastination


The moment has come and I know I cannot delay the inevitable any longer.

Days have turned into months and now I am faced with a seemingly  insurmountable task. I sit immobilised, a sinking feeling in my heart.

Common sense tells me I am being foolish, yet I will do anything but what I am bid to do.

Make a cup of tea, answer an email, must pay the phone bill... a million and one anythings but this...

He threw down the gauntlet last night. Caught me off gaurd as I chilled out in front of the t.v., immersed in the latest soap - chewing gum for the brain.

"I am going to look you in the eye and ask you one thing." His tone was solemn.

My heart thumped in my chest.

"When are you going to do the filing?"

1 comment:

  1. Aaaargh! I hate filing!!! I would have run from the house screaming.

    ReplyDelete